måndag 14 september 2009

Home sweet home?

Back again from Malaysia since a couple of hours. Have checked my emails once while I was away and love to be cut off from any internet connection, phone, blogs and everything. (Although I maybe should have taken the opportunity to check Facebook and Youtube while I was on the other side of the Great Chinese wall... I will give a proper Traveler’s story about Malaysia as soon as I have pics and all sorted. Until then, a little Chinese media; a quote from Shanghai Daily, Sep 8th.  (All in italics below is a direct quote.)

 

“The more we study Mao, the more clearly we realize that most of the essence of the Western civilization, such as democracy and a legal system, could be found in Mao’s thoughts, “ said Li Wei, deputy director with the academy of Marxism of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.

 

I am currently reading a book about the same Chairman (they do have the same name at least…). It is an 800 pages bible with the last 300 pages devoted to sources (interviews en masse, diaries, letters, official and unofficial documents etc). I must say that my impression is far from the quote above. But then again, history changes to match what is currently politically correct. At least in a country where changing the history is part of the political system.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar