söndag 23 augusti 2009

Bird on a plate

The further from the bigger cities you go, the weirder the food and the less do they speak English. The above proved true after the 7 hour trip to Haian. And the funny thing is that even their Chinese is so different from that in Shanghai that my colleague from Shanghai couldn't understand the men we visited from the factory when they spoke their local dialect. 

At dinner, among many other weird things, they served bird. And no, I'm not talking about a chicken. This was small sparrow/blåmes sized birds that must have been grilled whole which made their bodies crinkle in to a foetus position. If I make a ring with my thumb and my index finger, that's how small the little birds were - whole. Only the back of the bird was eatable and all together it might have been half a teaspoon of food on each bird. Sometimes, it is just not a good time to say no. So I ate and smiled!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar