lördag 29 augusti 2009

Valentine's dad

OK, I am a bit behind. Let's pretend it is yesterday: August, 27th

Congratulations pappa! My dad turns 59! Hurra!

About my dad:

- He is 30 years older than I am hence he was 30 years old when he got his first child (me!).
- He got married 30 years before I did.
- He got the honor to shout Glad Midsommar and to great the boat in a microphone every year on Ingmarsö. (As seen in the red jacket above.)
- He loves birthday and christmas gifts to the extent that we have all wondered if he might not actually be three years old!
- He loves to have a clean and nice home where everything has its' place (still unknown how he could stand living with me for 18 years…)
- The nicest compliment he gives is to compare whatever he is complementing on with a sausage. (See the comment to The King in my heart below!) It started with Tasty as sausage (Gott som korv) but can now be used to anything!
- He loves his folkboat, and he actually did pretty well in the Folkboat "World championship" Guldpokalen.
- He has five sisters and brothers and one of his sisters came to the birthday party yesterday thinking it was his 60th birthday! Ha ha! (Yes, they're just half siblings, but still…)

Next year we will turn 90! Look out for the big 90 year old party!

Yesterday was also Chinese Valentine's day. I might be blind but I didn't see the slightest sign of any romantic couples, hearts or flowers. None on the way home, none in the supermarket and not even in the couch at home! I guess one Valentine's day per year is enough. Besides you can have your own valentine's day whenever you feel like it and don't have to wait until the shops sell stupid pink heart shaped candles…

1 kommentar:

  1. Hej Nina o Gustav
    Sitter just och fyller i min visumansökan för november. Och NJUTER av att läsa alla inlägg här på sidan.
    Kram
    Mamma

    SvaraRadera