tisdag 18 augusti 2009

Ze german grammar

Whenever a Swedish person meet a German dito the following conversation is likely to occur within an hour:

 

S: - I actually studied German in school.

G: - Ja, sicher?

S: - Yes, but I don’t remember anything. I mean, I can’t speak.

G: - Zats a shame…

S: - But I know An Auf Hinter In Neben Uber Unter Vor Zwishen!

At this point the German just looks at the Swede with a very confused expression (see Germans usually don’t need to learn silly rhymes to remember their own language, but Swedes never seem to get that…) Any normal Swede would now continue with the other two and then realize she doesn’t have a clue which one is which, only that they somehow have a connection to accusative and dative.

 

If that certain Swede for some odd reason would be me, I would also start singing on the tunes of Twinkle Twinkle Little star: “Durch Fur Gegen Ohne Um – Genom För Mot Utan Om.” This usually does not make the German any less confused!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar