onsdag 26 augusti 2009

Stockholm vs Rio vs Ulan Bator

Today I saw a picture of an old friend in Swedish newspaper Metro. She was climbing. I also checked out some pics from another friend’s summer: sailing, archipelago and nights that never go dark. Mmm! Maybe there is a bit of attraction with that wonderful country up in the north after all.

 

Frankly, I would be more nervous about moving to Stockholm than I would if I moved to Rio de Janeiro or Ulan Bator. There it would be just another expat life. Different of course, but a life I’m used to. Moving to Stockholm would be so much more expectations. Friends, life, family – I know how I want life to be if I live in Stockholm and therefore it would be so much scarier. If I don’t feel at home in there, where would I then feel at home? In 2000 I moved away from Stockholm. Since then, the last 9 years, I’ve lived 1,5 years in Stockholm. Things, friends, lives change in 9 years…

 

PS. I’m reading Lapidus’ Aldrick fucka upp so I know what a gangster city Stockholm has become while I’ve been away!

 

 

 

1 kommentar:

  1. ojoj... Nina goes deep... Men det är ju sant det du säger. Hoppas bara att det inte hindrar dig och er att flytta hem. Det handlar väll som vanligt om att inte ha så mycket förväntningar, i vanlig ordning. Tror man att man ska bo i en bajsbunker utan chans till frisk luft eller sällskap kan det ju vara rent utav trevligt att komma hem och vara hemma! Välkommen!

    SvaraRadera